Qualification number: 601/6566/2
Duration: 3.5 hours
Credit value: 1
Who is this for? This qualification is the ideal introduction to understanding the principles of health and safety in the workplace. This qualification is typically undertaken by those with no previous qualifications or experience of health and safety. The qualification is perfect for young adults as a part of an alternative curriculum, or by those entering or re-entering the workforce.
Pre-Requisites: This qualification is available to those over 14 years. Candidates should be at least a level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
Who Should Attend?
Employee’s with little or no previous knowledge of current health & safety legislation requiring a nationally recognised certificate.
Holders of this qualification will understand the general principles of health and safety in the workplace, the nature of hazards and risks in the workplace and their possible effects, and hazards and risks likely to affect the occupational health of individuals.
What you will learn?
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Understand the scope of hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Understand the range of workplace conditions that can affect health and safety.
- Understand the requirements for workplace procedures.
This qualification is assessed by multiple choice questions.
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment (RQF)
- QNUK Level 1 Award in Principles of Fire Awareness at Work (RQF)
More: for more information about this qualification, download the qualification specification
Contact us for more information on this qualification.