Qualification number: 603/2620/7
Duration: 1 day
Credit value: 3
Who is this for? This qualification is the ideal introduction to understanding the principles of health and safety in a construction environment. This qualification is typically undertaken by those with no previous qualifications or experience of health and safety, however can be taken as a refresher also. The qualification supports an individuals application for a CSCS Green card (labourer).
This qualification is for people who currently work, or want to work in construction.
Pre-Requisites: This qualification is available to those over 16 years. Candidates should be at least a level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
• Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
• Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
• Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace
• Know risks to health within a construction environment.
• Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
• Candidates are assessed for this qualification using a Multiple-choice question paper
• Candidates will be required to score a minimum of 70% correct answers to achieve a pass
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment (RQF)
- QNUK Level 1 Award in Principles of Fire Awareness at Work (RQF)
More: for more information about this qualification, download the Qualification Specification
Contact us if you are interested in this qualification.